Franklin, TN Attractions for New Families
Our Favorite 5 Must-Dos for New Residents
As local home inspectors, and Tennessee natives who have lived, grown up and now work in and around Franklin, we appreciate Franklin, a longtime suburb of Nashville, especially for its TN-family-centric neighborhoods and its historic Victorian mansions. Second to its endearing homes is its endless entertainment for all ages in historical tours, parks, theatres, modern gaming, trampoline basketball, escape games and laser tag, indoor golf, billiards, and a wide range of dining options.
We’ve watched as the number of area residents has grown fivefold in the past several decades. Along with that growth came tons of fun with family-centric entertainment businesses!
For new buyers moving to the Franklin area, this list was designed to get you started exploring local entertainment. Family means everything to us at J & J Home Inspections. These are some of our favorite attractions in Franklin, TN:
- Explore the city of Franklin by taking tours to learn of the city’s history. At least once, visit the Lotz House Civil War Museum, and be sure to go on at least one plantation tour to take in some of Franklin’s most beautiful and celebrated architecture.
- Adults, young people, teens, and youth have many options in organized interactive gaming – escape rooms, puzzle solving, and team building activities – at great establishments like Breakout Games – Nashville, Locked: Escape Game Franklin, and Extreme Escape Games, to name a few.
- Another family favorite is Kings Dining & Entertainment in Cool Springs, Franklin with bowling, shuffleboard, and tons of games, plus great eats for kids and families. After 10 PM, it caters to young adults in billiards, music, and gaming. The food consists of scratch driven dishes and elevated comfort food like Buffalo chicken wontons, spicy calamari, house smoked ribs, grilled steak, decadent desserts, craft beers and premium cocktails.
- There are many indoor activity facilities including Goofballs Family Fun Center and Franklin Family Fun Center, plus Sky Zone Franklin offers wall-to-wall trampolines with endless bouncing. The Fairways Indoor Golf is a great get-away for dads and Franklin golfers.
- Don’t forget to take in the area’s fine arts and performances in the heart of Main Street at the Franklin Theatre.
If you’re considering the purchase of a property in or around Franklin, choose a reputable home inspector to represent your interests in your real estate transaction. Trust the people who are invested in this community and maintaining the wellness of its structural homes. Partner with J & J Home Inspections. Ready for our help? Visit our Franklin, TN Home Inspections page to get in touch!