Our Favorite Places to Eat Around Hendersonville, TN
A Home Inspectors Field Guide to Good Eats
With all the homes we inspect in Sumner County, our business keeps us busy in the field. This allows us to keep our finger on the pulse of critical issues buyers and sellers face in our local housing market in Hendersonville and surrounding communities. It also gives us the opportunity to explore the best eateries in town.
The team at J & J Home Inspections is so honored to work with the locals of Hendersonville, helping keep our homes healthy for generations to come. We also believe strongly in keeping our economy healthy by supporting our local businesses. What better way to celebrate our community than recognizing the restaurants that nourish and delight us?
10 of our favorite places to eat in Hendersonville:
- Demos’ Restaurant on Indian Lake Blvd blends great seafood with hearty comfort food. One of our favorite lunches is the Mexican Spaghetti that leaves no inspector hungry for their afternoon house calls. Jim’s Famous Spinach is also a must-try!
- Free chips, homemade queso, and the honey butter croissants keep us coming back for more at Cheddars Scratch Kitchen on Anderson Lane. Plus they offer 20 entrees for under $10 that won’t break your wallet.
- Anderson Lane is also home to one of our favorites, the Bayou Cypress Restaurant. Their family-style food is perfect for refueling our home inspectors for afternoon house calls with a little taste of New Orleans.
- When we’re working west of town, we always make a point to stop in at Rafferty’s on Gallatin Pike North. They make the best homemade potato soup, and their lunch combos are fresh and filling.
- For something completely unique, and Greek, we like to eat at Veranda on Bonita Parkway. Their fusion-styled food blends the best American burgers with the authentic flavors of the Mediterranean. Their Moussaka is to die for and so is their Baklava.
- The Red Roof Café on West Main is a favorite among locals, and home inspectors alike. Whenever we are downtown, we stop in for the fried chicken and three veggie lunch combo. Be sure to save room for dessert. Their pies are like grandma used to make!
- Another favorite on Main is The Black-Eyed Pea. Their homemade traditional Southern fare is true to its claim and features all-natural beef. Fried pickles, chicken fried steak, and meatloaf are just a few of our staples, not to mention the gooey caramel pie.
- When we’re in the mood for authentic Mexican cuisine, we always stop into Ricardo’s Mexican Restaurant & Taqueria on New Shackle Island Road. Their Chorizo Tacos and Ceviche Tostadas are beyond delicious.
- The Indian Lake shopping area offers diners many choices. One of our favorites is the Brixx Wood Fired Pizza. There isn’t a topping we don’t like on their wood-fired pizzas.
- We never miss an opportunity to travel to Nashville to savor its world-famous barbecue. For the best barbecue pork and chicken in our town, we go to Center Point Pit Barbecue. You will want to try their smoked ribs too!
When you’re out and about in Hendersonville, we hope you’ll try one of our favorite restaurants. And when you’re selling or buying a home in our area, we hope you’ll trust J & J Home Inspections!